What is Rotherham SENDIASS?
Rotherham SENDIASS (Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service) is the new name for Rotherham Parent Partnership.
We can offer you impartial information, advice and support if you are:
- a parent or carer for a child or young person up to age 25 with special educational needs or disabilities
- a child up to age 16 who has special educational needs or disabilities
- a young person aged 16-25 who has special educational needs or disabilities
We aim to empower you to play an active and informed part in your child’s education.
We will work with you to address any issues you are experiencing. In most cases our help is only needed for a few weeks, but you can talk to us as many times as you want. Our support can help you feel more able to tackle issues yourself. You may need less active support as a result of our involvement.
We will help you work with schools and practitioners to improve your child's achievement
The services we offer are:
- trained staff and volunteers offering confidential and impartial information, advice and support
- information about education, health and social care, voluntary organisations and support groups
- a range of information leaflets on special educational needs and disability related topics
- access to special educational needs and disability information such as books, CDs and video
- training for parents and practitionesr
Opening hours: 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
On occasions staff may be away from the office during these times, please feel free to leave a message on the voicemail and we will respond to your enquiry.
We aim to respond to enquiries within 5 working days unless otherwise specified.